Sunday, December 11, 2011

Growing My Company


I hope to eventually grow my production company into a label.  To gain insight about this, I interviewed the owner of MVP Artist Management- Eric Stancil.

What is the main focus of your company?
MVP focuses on Christian artist development.  We basically take artists that have great talent but need a little help and make them ready to be signed by a record label.  Our focus is artist development making sure they have the look; making sure they sound their best; and making sure they are making the right decisions.  We also teach them about the music industry because a lot of artists especially Christian artists don't know what they should about the music business.

          What is the market need that your company fills?
My artists have a unique sound I look for artists that don't sound mainstream in terms of vocals and music; the music industry needs artists with a fresh sound.  We also scout for artists that aren't in the major music cities (NY, LA, ATL, etc).  MVP specializes in bringing those artists who may not ever be discovered (because of where they live) to the forefront where they can be heard.

Do you have any local competitors?
I really don't know if I have any competitors we are all just trying to get the message of Christ out to the world and I don't think there is competition in that, there is room for all of us.  I'm sure there are many other Christian management companies out there that I am not aware of.

How does your company earn revenue?
My company takes 15% of the artists net income (record sales, tour income, etc.) which is after all the other expenses are paid (band, hotel expenses, recoupable expenses).  Whatever the artist keeps in their pocket I get 15% of that.


What stands out about MVP Artist Management?
At MVP we are really into artist development which I think has been overlooked in the industry.  We understand that not all artists will come "ready to go" but we have a eye to recognize hidden talent that just needs to be groomed.  We are extremely honest with our artists we don't have "hidden" agendas.  We want to partner with the artist not rip them off.  A successful artist means a successful company, we are in it with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment